About Our Chess Club
ChessBomb Plovdiv is a Bulgarian professional chess club based in Plovdiv, Bulgaria. Founded in 2015 by three Bulgarian grandmasters – Aleksandar Delchev, Emilia Djingarova and Peter Arnaudov, ChessBomb Plovdiv competes with great success in the Bulgarian men, women and Junior Chess leagues.
The main focus of our work is popularising chess among the up-and-coming players.
ChessBombers won their first team championship title in the men’s category in 2016, and since then have always been strong contenders for the gold medals in all categories.
Our coaches are part of the Chess in School program and the best young players can come and train in the well equipped Chess club in the centre of Plovdiv.
In 2017, ChessBomb Plovdiv hosted a unique series of tournaments in which more than 1000 chess players took part across 9 tournaments, including a GM tournament, an amateur tournament and a youth tournament.
Here is a summary of our best competitors:
- Aleksander Delchev – GM since 1998, 4 time Bulgarian champion and winner of the Grand Prix in 2004 (a series of open tournaments across Europe)
- Emilia Djingarova – WGM since 2004. Participated in 6 olympiads for the national team of Bulgaria, and many-time Bulgarian champion
- Martin Petrov – IM since 2016. Bulgarian champion in 2019 and one of the most talented young players currently in Bulgaria
- Petar Arnaudov – GM since 2013 and senior FIDE trainer. Bulgarian team champion in 2016.
- Tsvetan Stoyanov – FM. Under 16 Bulgarian champion and first board for the National team in the World youth chess Olympiad 2019.
- Spas Kozhuharov – IM and the main trainer at the chess club
- Elif Mehmed – 3rd place in the Bulgarian Women’s championship in 2019 and has 2 WGM norms in 2020 and 2021. She is among the most rapidly developing young talents in Bulgaria.